Saturday 31 December 2011

Out With The Old and in With The NEW!

I can hardly believe that 2011 is almost gone. This year just went by too fast - this month went by too fast!
It's amazing how fast time does fly by as you get older.. not to mention when you have kids!
It's a blessing to me to have the means to capture these moments as they go by so I can take the time later on to reflect on them, seeing that I get caught in the moment more times than I'd like.

This year had more than its fair share of troubles and struggles, more than I'd like to remember really... lol
BUT it had a lot of high points as well and for those I can't say it was a terrible year.
My husband landed a new job, closer to home.
We got a new car.
I started working at the preschool again
My son turned ONE! (I'm still in some shock he's so 'old' now )
I got my camera and have seen and have been so fortunate to meet many families and be the one to caputre the memories they make.
It's really rewarding!

I started off taking pictures for friends and families, experimenting with the camera and the lighting and all the tricks of the trade.
That's how I learned. Trial and error. But I had fun along the way! I still have lots to learn, and everyday I find something new to try or more info to learn. Keeps me on my toes for sure.
I also had the opportunity to be a third shooter for a wedding up in Kelowna with Bella Johnson.
That was fun! I really enjoyed the day and the experience.
I would love to do a wedding in the New Year, I believe I have the skill, the confidence and the ability to make the perfect day PERFECT.
I
guess you could say that's a goal I have for 2012! :)

I held mini sessions for the Fall and Winter and wow, I gotta say the costumes that were out were pretty amazing.
I met a dragon, a monkey, a Strawberry and a Tiger, Kitty Cat.. even Mario popped by too.
Lots of fun to be had and LOTS of great families that were met and hopefully I will see again in the future! :)

I also learned too, reflecting on the year - specifically with the business, that I can't "settle" for less that what I believe I'm worth.
I had experiences where people undermined my value and really, I shouldn't let myself second guess myself.
I put my HEART into this, and whatever spare time I have between work at the preschool and with my family is laid out here.
I beleive in QUALITY and taking care of the things I am passionate about.
I've learned that you can't let people push you around - being firm is definitely key.

On a closing note, I don't normally do Resolutions.. but this year I think I need a change.
So I have 6 I'd like to aim for by next year.

1) GET IN BETTER SHAPE.AND LOSE 25 POUNDS
I'm not awful, but I need to sharpen it up..and maybe run 5K too!!

2) BECOME A HOMEOWNER
seriously, I'm surprised we have survived this long in a 1 bedroom suite.. it's getting really cramped really fast.. haha

3) EXPAND MY BUSINESS
I want to reach out more to others, and meet new families as well as reconnect with previous clients :)

4) BOOK A WEDDING
More of a goal, but hey - It's something great to achieve! :)

5) SPEND MORE TIME UN-STRESSED
I need to work on not sweating the small stuff and enjoy what's here and now.

6) ATTEND 3 WORKSHOPS
I'd like to improve on what I know and better myself :)

There were lots of highlights, too many for me to list here, so enjoy pictures of my highlighs and memorable shoots for 2011 !!

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE, AND PLEASE DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!






No comments:

Post a Comment