Tuesday 17 January 2012

The Blues (Personal)

Sometimes I have a really bad habit.
I really beat myself up. I feel like I'm a failure, even though I'm trying. I just feel like I can't cut a break; or will.
There are so many things I want to have in life.
I am working so hard, and often too much, to make it happen.
Though, when I slack off the tiniest bit... I fear it's going to slip away from me..
I wish some things, for a change, would just fall into my lap.. but life never goes that way for me.
I've never really won anything, never been the one to find a $100 on my doorstep... you know "LUCKY"

To others I am probably the luckiest in the world - I'm not saying I don't have things others may desire, I'm just saying I wish luck would sway my way and in my favor for a change.
But I digress... lol :p

Sometimes I really feel like what I do is unappreciated. Most don't understand what photography really entails.
It isn't about "just" taking a photo... you're capturing a memory. A special moment that you may not have thought twice about until you hold it in your hands and behold it with your eyes.
I take great pride, and time to make sure a image captures just that.
The light is right.
The angles are flattering.
The smiles are gleaming.
All heads accounted for.
Your vision is inside my vision; a collaboration of creativity.

I love what I do, but it's frustrating when I hear "You just take pictures"
Heh.
I can tell you, the pictures I take and have of my own, are not just pictures.
They are a part of me, and memories I hold dear and create for others to treasure for years to come.

For this reason, I feel very lucky to do what I do.
I feel honored to be someone many have chose to make these treasured keepsakes :)
I hope to be luckier and create more memories for others, as well as preserving more of my own family.

Live and love the moments you have, and don't forget to capture them along the way <3

Keep on Clicking
<3 JML


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete